Friday, January 8, 2016

Quick Update

WOW the MTC is AWESOME.

The first five minutes were a huge rush and all crazy but everyone was very nice and pointed me in the right direction. My companion is Elder W. and he is great! He also loves computer science and he has a couple of apps on the app store. There are two other Elders in my district Elder P. and Elder J. I have been assigned to be the District Leader which is awesome and I get to pick what our opening song is every class :)  Another one of the assignments of the district leader is to pick up the mail and deliver it. Since I got assigned yesterday, I have only picked up the mail today, but I am not allowed to open my mail or pass it out to anyone until tonight. So I feel really bad because everyone in my district knows I have it and they are really desperate to hear from home. :)

These first few days have felt like a few weeks. I am not homesick at all!! I love the experience of living on my own and taking care of myself. The food is great and I have been able to resist the temptation of eating donuts and cookies with every meal. I always try to incorporate as many vegetables as possible. Oh by the way, DO NOT DRINK THE ORANGE JUICE.

I have met a lot of people from Hawaii here so that's nice!

On our first full day, our teacher didn't show up, so we kind of had to teach ourselves. It was SO AMAZING. We knew we had to study the Book of Mormon as a district so we dissected a chapter for a whole hour. The spirit was SO STRONG and our district really grew together. 

I love how much the Spirit has testified to me of Jesus Christ. I love the strength and love of my district. I have realized the power of prayer and know Heavenly Father listens and answers us.  I have to go now, this is only a little update. My Preparation Day is on Thursday of next week and they didn't give it to us this week because we are new.



No comments:

Post a Comment